2.11.2014

no filter

Why do people think the miracle of life {aka pregnancy} gives them the excuse to say whatever it is that enters their mind? It's like the sight of a baby bump removes any filter that once existed {if one ever existed in the first place}. Hey, just because I have gained some poundage and am now wearing an elastic waistband on a daily basis does not mean I need to hear how big I look. I get it. I know. Trust me. And if I didn't, I have to weigh in on a weekly basis like I'm on Biggest Loser to confirm it. Hey people- I'm growing another human life here, give me a break! Just to prove my point, here are actual comments made by actual people in the past few months- enjoy! 

"So I guess twins run in your family..." 
-2 different grown adults on 2 different occasions 

 "Wow, that baby must be coming any day now!"
{Me: "If by any day now you mean 5 weeks, then yes."}
-Neighbor walking his dog  

"You havin a baby? I can see your lil' pudge."
-Rosa's cashier  

"Something is different about you....you look...rounder."
-7th grade student 

"Are you sure, I mean about the twins, that they don't run in your family? 
Because you look like you're having twins"
-Same person as above, different day 

"Girl when are you due because you have GROWN, like really grown overnight. 
It has to be soon, right?" 
-Co-worker 

And my personal favorite after touching my belly...

"Haha fat."
-3rd grade student 


I'm proud of this baby bump! if ya got it, flaunt it! And I apparently got it! 



2 comments:

  1. Oh I got some bad ones too! It's like people don't think before they speak!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, love this. I bet you look great!

    Funniest thing that happened to me was the night before Beckett was born Kolby and I went out for a nice dinner (probably our sixth "this could be our last chance to have dinner just the two of us for awhile" dinner...) and as we were walking out the door this random guy made a comment about how big I was and asked when I was due. I'll never forget the look on his face when I said two days ago ;)

    ReplyDelete