10.23.2013

4 years & it's a she!



.......................

Thursday {10.17.13} was a great day! We celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary and on top of that fun, we found out our little baby is a girl! We couldn't be more excited about life right now! We had our ultrasound appointment at 4:00. We nervously/excitedly entered the room and told our friendly ultrasound tech, Gina, that we did NOT want to know the gender while at the appointment. She said ok and told us that when she got to that point, we could look away {not that we had ANY idea what we were looking at}. At one point, Tate said, "ohhhh, is that the baby's little eyes?" To that Gina held her composure and kindly responded with, "no, that is the gall bladder." Yep, definitely no clue what we were looking at. It was so cool seeing the baby's features and seeing her move around in there! I mean, at this point, we had seen 2 sonograms, but nothing like this! Instead of admiring a blob, we got to see little lips, nose, and feet! And instead of a still picture, we got to see baby girl kick and put her hand to her mouth. So incredible! Tate is not super opinionated on many things in life, he's pretty easy going for the most part, and I love him for it. However, he was 100% sure we should know the gender the day of our appointment. No waiting, no discussion about it. So it was decided- we know know that day. Now how to find out? {The whole gender reveal thing kinda stressed me out, but ended up being really fun and special} We'd heard that finding out in the appointment can be somewhat anti-climatic, with little time to react, so we opted for another suggestion given by a few friends. We brought a little card to the appointment that already said:
...........................................


.....................................

Following the appointment, the ultrasound tech wrote the gender {in pink} in the little space provided. We tried not to peek, sealed it up, and went on our way. Since it was a monumental day, we went out for a deeeeelicous dinner to celebrate {and open that little card that sealed our fate} at our favorite place. Tate opened the card. Honestly, I just knew it was a girl, so when he turned it around for me to see "it's a girl" I was very excited but not necessarily surprised. We had already discussed names, but I didn't know if we were 100% decided yet. So, it was to my surprise {and the best part of the evening} when dinner came and Tate prayed for baby girl by name. I said, "Well, I guess we've decided on a name then! That was easy." We had prayed all along for "a healthy baby" and for "it" to grow strong and healthy, but now knowing her identity and hearing her name in context for the first time was a very sweet moment. My heart was full {and so was my belly after that steak with green peppercorn and merlot sauce + chocolate cake}! And I am not even kidding, I felt her move for the FIRST time after dinner. I guess it's no joke that she and I already share the same love for a good steak. After Tate and I slipped into a food coma, we did the only plausible thing- went to the Temple Wal-Mart to buy lots pink silly string! We had family coming over the next night for a little gender reveal {more on that later} and supplies had to be purchased!

Recap of the eveving {Cliffs Notes version}:

Cheeves steak in my belly
+
finding out it's a girl
+
mass quantities of silly string
_____________________________
best anni ever!

..................................


...........................................

No comments:

Post a Comment