9.10.2010

labor day wkend


Labor Day weekend was filled will all sorts of festivities! We started the weekend off right by taking Friday off. I guess we work so darn much, merely one day off was not enough....or maybe we wanted to get to Waco in time to see Tye teach his class. We made it just in time! That's right people, Tye Barrett is molding young minds.

Saturday afternoon marked the first ever Barrett tailgate complete with hotdogs (I passed) and Arnold Palmers (I partook). This was my first official tailgate so I was pretty excited. Tye made sure we got there a whole 3 and a half hours early to see the team run in...a.k.a the 'Bear Walk.' It was his day, so I didn't complain...too much.



We got to sit in the box for the Baylor opener against SHSU. One of the many perks of being a Barrett...or being friends with the Sharps. Thanks! It was fun watching our Bears start the season off right.




We left the game early to drive up to Allen. Tate and my dad woke up Sunday, starting the day off with a 68 mile bike ride to Denison. Kels, Mom, Chloe and I made our way to Denison too, but in the car. We saw dad and Tate on the way there and had to snap a few pics! We met up at the lake for a fun day on the water with the Smith fam. 





We spent the day tubing, riding the boat and fishing. Logan caught 2 fish, Chloe licked Jimmy in the face and Katherine dominated the tube. It was a great day followed up with a cookout and dinner at the slip! 








No comments:

Post a Comment