10.22.2012

lights, freezers & pantries...oh my

This weekend was DIY home project central around here! Luckily, my super awesome parents came into town just to help out with all of the excitement. We have done a LOT of projects here and there on the new house, but there were a few things we just weren't ready to tackle alone. We needed to bring in the big guns...enter Billy & Jan. We attempted to put on some new hallway doors, played around with the sprinklers, painted some chalkboards {child's play} but the real projects I was most excited about were...

#1. Vintage Pendant Lights 

The vintage double pendant light in my pink, old lady bathroom. Mom found this for only $12 at one of my favorite Waco dives, Laverty's. We got the globes at Lowe's for $5 each. I've always wanted lights like this. My grandma and grandpa have these hanging in their hallway bathroom. Now I have some of my own! 



AND...

#2. 1940's Freezer 

Yes! I bought this for a measly $15 at an estate sale. I think the seller was just crossing his fingers that someone would haul it off. I did not only that but paid him too. From the beginning, I had the vision of making this into a cool {get it, it's a freezer}pantry. However, dear Tate didn't share this vision. He had trust, but not the vision. Luckily, he loved me enough to load it in his truck, regardless of what it looked like, and take it home. The manly men hauled it, took off the coils, drained the antifreeze {by environmentally sounds means, of course}, pulled off the cooler-thingy {very technical term} that used to keep the freezer, well frozen, and moved this hunk of junk more times than they wished for. Meanwhile, us women scrubbed, taped, and spray painted...and tried not to inhale...too much.



The finished product is uh-mazing, if I do say so myself! It now functions as the funkiest pantry in town! Our house has a lot of things, but pantry space is not one of them. Now we have all the space we need plus a unique conversational piece in the kitchen. 
Drum roll please...



Stay tuned for other DIY home projects like the hanging ladder pitcher-holder and other fun stuff! 

I would like to send a shout out to my wonderful padres for spending your weekend in the 254 helping us. You make the daunting projects so much more enjoyable! You guys are the best! 


Oh, and a big thanks to Chloe for babysitting Wrigley while we got some work done. 




9 comments:

  1. Ooo mmmm gggggg loves it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did Chloe or Wrigs take that pic of the 4 of you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new freezer pantry... such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have GOT to come see your house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have got to come see your house! And when I get one will you decorate for me?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really I enjoy your site with effective and useful information. It is included very nice post with a lot of our resources.thanks for share. i enjoy this post. Best Mini Freezers Review

    ReplyDelete
  7. For example - your oven might produce inefficient heat in addition to gas leakage when ignited; the dryer might produce noise when operated. In addition to these there might be problems with the refrigerators, washers, and dishwashers. Local Wolf Appliance Repair Company In Sherman Oaks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Colorado Springs is situated along the east portion of the state. It is also 61 miles away from the southern part of the Colorado State Capitol, Denver. asphalt sealer

    ReplyDelete