4.25.2012

staarrrgh

This week is TAAS TAKS STAAR testing. As you know, testing can be a little daunting for some. Well, that's the understatement of the century around these parts. In a half day of testing, the following things occurred on just my campus alone:

-Got my hair pulled/ripped out by 8:45 AM.
-A kid had a nose bleed. A big nose bleed that was
categorized as a "free bleed."
-A 4th grader threw up...on the test booklet.
-We had another puker.
-Oh, and a kid got scared and literally ran away...
out of the classroom, down the hall and out of the school.

I know at this point you are probably worried about our state's standardized test results, I know me too, but let me assure you-- the testing carried on regardless. That thing doesn't halt for trivial things such as loss of hair, profuse bleeding, puke, or runaway juveniles. THE STAAR WILL PREVAIL {insert evil laugh here}! 

People often say to me, "Oh, you get to do Speech Therapy with elementary school kids? You must play games all day and have so much fun!" To that, I rub my newly found bald spot and say, "Puhhhhlease."  



1 comment:

  1. Oh STAAR! It is a lovely day of testing! Since we are the high school campus, we have STAAR and TAKS, but STAAR isn't until May.

    ReplyDelete