4.07.2012

oddly normal things triathletes say

It's Ironman training season! While my favorite two triathletes were feasting on a breakfast of bananas, yogurt and goo, I was lucky enough to overhear their interesting conversation. Well, to be fair, "interesting" is a relative term considering what is strange to me is normal, even necessary information to them. I mean just think of the unbalanced training session you could have if one training partner ate a red apple while the other consumed a green one unknowingly. Oh the madness! While preparing for their 75-mile bike ride, the following odd normal things were overheard:

"Oh no {in a very serious tone}. My nutrition didn't come with a scooper!"

"Are you telling me I have to trim my leg hair before using my KT tape? I didn't even bring a trimmer!"

"How many scoops are you using?"

"How many water bottles are you taking?"

"What flavor goos are you using?"

"Are you having a red apple or a green apple?"

"I'll bring an extra Island Nectar goo for you to try."

"I like the tropical flavored goo. It tastes...{thinking for the perfect adjective}...banana-like. It doesn't have an overpowering flavor. It's kinda sweet. You'll like it."

"Sooo, are you going to finish off your second bottle as you are riding up to the finish or midway through?"

"See, {showing me his Nike pouch proudly} this is the 1-bottle fanny pack. What's the zipper for? My bubble gum."

1 comment: