12.05.2010

hibernation mode


[Virtual Hibernation is a state of inactivity and social-networking depression in animals, mostly bears, characterized by lower internet usage (with the exception of g-mail and daily facebook browsing), diminishing  typing skills, and reduced uploads. Hibernating animals conserve food, Ellen episodes, and naps, especially during winter when energy is limited. It is the animal's slowed metabolic rate which leads to a reduction in body temperature and a temporary disconnection from the virtual world. Hibernation may last several weeks or months depending on species and time of year. This has been supported by some evidence in the baylorbarrett, native to Texas.]



With that being said, I would like to take this moment to apologize to my avid blog followers, both of you, for neglecting this site for the past few months. It is safe to say I have been in virtual hibernation mode. I am not making excuses, for I know there is no excuse that could make up for the disappointment I have brought to those of you "working" with nothing to read and "studying" with nothing to fuel your procrastination. You have the right to the truth, and although I came up with some pretty good excuses, only one is true:

1. As matron of honor, I have been overcome by important wedding duties. 
2. Lent. 
3. Addressing our newly-wed Christmas cards including a picture of us in matching Baylor sweatshirts. 
5. I recently adopted a dozen Compassion International children and have been writing all of them letters. 
6. Hand-making personalized stationary.
7. Nothing exciting going on in our life.......psshhh please!
8. I am lazy.

Let's just say I have been going through a "bloggers rut." I am pretty sure this is real, and if not, this term will catch on...just wait. In all honesty, it's not just a bloggers rut, but a social networking rut in general. You name it- Fbook, Blog, Flicker (don't even get my mom started on Project 365), if it has to do with informing the world of the Barretts' exciting life in Houston, I have failed. But be discouraged no more! I have caught my second wind and will press onward.

That's right you baylorbarrett follower(s)- be ready to catch up on the life of the Barretts! From Thanksgiving, to wedding showers and a bachelorette party (even though I am pretty sure you were there for most of these events), you will be informed and up-to-date. Get ready to increase your procrastination and decrease productivity because the baylorbarretts are back!

No comments:

Post a Comment