9.16.2013

say cheese


{Week 6-8}

Here are the first 2 pics of our little bambino. The top pic was taken at 6 wks and the bottom at 8 wks. What a difference only 2 wks can make! In the top pic, the baby resembles a blob and is equivalent to the size of a lentil bean. In the bottom pic, it's more like a kidney bean-sized teddy bear. Currently, we're almost to the 14 week mark, and this little cutie is now about the size of a lemon! Hallelujah- we've graduated to fruit analogies! 

 

I really don't have much to report on the crazy pregnancy front, but here are the juicy details anyway{disclaimer: I am writing this part of the blog as a journal, to record those little things I won't remember later. My apologies if you are not into the details. I will try not to scare anyone off, but if this isn't your thing, skip it and wait for another post about Wrigley...however the next 6 months will prrrrrobably be consumed by baby stuff. Sorry baby haters.}:

{Cravings:} 
Not really at the moment. Although, at first I would ONLY eat raw fruits and veggies and salty things. Then, the only things that sounded good were rice, cheese pizza, or Velveeta mac n cheese. Who knows! 

{Morning Sickness:} 
At first--uh, yeah! I will spare you the details but I felt nauseous most days from morning to night from week 6-12 and considered it a blessing if I could actually "get sick, " because once I did that and took one for the team, I was good to go for the day. One morning I lost it {literally} at the smell of sausage pinwheels...and then ate 4 on the way to work. Weird. And gross. Sorry. Ever since the 12 week mark, the nausea has died down, and I only get sick about once a week. 

{Bump report:} 
This week, I've had my first person touch my stomach and 2 people tell me they can see my "little bump!" This is great news, because at about this time is when I want to look preggers, but really just feel like I look super bloated with a little food baby. Speaking of that, tonight on our walk I told Tate, "I think it's starting to pooch out!" He said, "wait, are you not pushing out your stomach?" "Nope, I know, I usually only look like this when I've had a satisfactory steak dinner from Cheeve's Bros!" On the same front, my pants are getting too tight and I've currently learned the hair tie has 2 purposes in life- ponytails and more importantly, holding your pants together when they don't want to button anymore! 

Oh, the joys!
{and I mean that seriously}  



1 comment: