1.14.2013

52 in 52

Ok, so not too long ago I randomly started singing a song I hadn't heard since circa 1998 when scrunchies were cool and Taylor Hanson held the keys to my heart. It got me thinking how crazy it is that I can unintentionally memorize lyrics to a song...lots and lots of songs actually...and then instantly recall the words years later. Seriously, where is the mega filing cabinet in my brain that houses all of that junk and why does it reject important things like I don't know, ummm, my computer password and my driver's license number, for crying out loud! I started asking myself how many important things, like scripture, I could recall. Maybe 2 verses if my life depended on it, maybe. However, these things are the truths I rely on, believe in, and depend upon, yet I can't recall them on a regular day much less in a time of need. It's time to use that "mega filing cabinet" space for good. It's decided then...

52 in 52! I am going to memorize a verse a week. With 1 verse a week, I'll hopefully study, learn and store away 52 verses in 52 weeks over the course of a year. I thought about putting verses to the tune of Spice Girls and NSYNC songs, but decided against it mostly for Tate and Wrigley's sake. I am going to try it this way first and see how it goes. 

Well, it's week 3 people! So far, so good. Feel free to join in the fun. The more the merrier! Click the link on the side bar to see the verse for this week and the ones from past weeks. My goal is to update it every Monday. Let the fun begin...well technically it began 3 weeks ago, so let the fun continue! 

"If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my friends"

uh, I mean...

"REJOICE always, PRAY continually, give THANKS in all circumstances: for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."  -1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 

{yeah that's better, and much more useful!}

No comments:

Post a Comment