2.20.2012

girls weekend...just like high school, but better

Two weeks ago Kels, Meg, Kendra and I had a long overdue girls weekend. We hadn't all 4 been together since Meg's wedding...which was almost two years ago!  Gasp! It's debatable how long we've been friends. According to me we've been friends since 7th grade, but Kendra informed me  she was unsure of 7th-grade-Danielle's motives when I asked her to sit at our "cool table" for lunch. Therefore, she says we weren't technically until 8th grade. Anywho, we'll split the diff and just say we've known each other a very long time and used to hang out every day until we all got lame, grew up, got jobs, got married and moved. Looking forward to a fun weekend, we all packed up and drove to the enchanting city of...Tulsa! Look out Oklahoma! It was halfway between Dallas and Topeka, so we just met in the middle. 


We had a great time brunching, seeing a movie, shopping but not buying anything {apparently Tulsans? Tulsites? are loaded because Dave Ramsey told me I couldn't afford anything in their cutesie shops}. We had great meals at girly places like Queenies and The Chalkboard Cafe. And let me tell you- Tulsa is icy! Us "from the South," as Kendra refers to us, couldn't believe our eyes as we spotted at least 3 or 4 ice patches over the frigid weekend. I wish I could indulge you with the rest of the juicy details, but hey, you know what they say, "What happens in Tulsa, stays in Tulsa." All in all, it was great weekend catching up, listening to Calvin Harris' song, "Feel So Close" on repeat, and laughing...a lot.

K, M and K- I'm blessed to have you in my life! Thanks for overlooking the ill-intentioned 7th grade Danielle and sticking with me thus far. Where are we goin' for Girls Weekend 2013?

3 comments:

  1. somehow, maybe through delirious facebook stalking... i've stumbled upon your lovely blog. I love it! love how you string your words together! good job. and so i HAD to comment on the girls wkend. I know i wasn't "part of the girls" in high school since i'd moved... but Kendra, you can go ahead and blame the cool lunch table stuff on me. Maybe you took my place in 8th grade? (oooh, slam. hehe j/k), or maybe I was the mean one... and after I left you felt better about the table? Reading this blog is highly entertaining. It reads like a story... which is why this story in particular was so highly entertaining... i read and then remembered, "wait! 7th grade i was there!" sounds like all is well with everyone. Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HEY! I was so excited to see your little comment. I honestly am shocked when people outside of my family read this thing. You are MORE than welcome to join girls weekend anytime. And you are right- the lunch table thing probably was you...that's sounds like typical Liz behavior, but it's hard to decipher who's to blame since we were all pretty 2 cool 4 school our FMS days. Hope you are doing well! Thanks for reading and commenting. It's great to hear from you.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete