2.22.2010

ran austin

15,000 runners, 300, 000 cups and 30 pounds of petroleum jelly. Last weekend, we spent our Valentine's Day running and cheering in the Austin marathon. My mom and I took part in the latter of the two. Tate ran his second half marathon (beating his goal by 4 minutes), and my dad ran 26.2 miles in his first marathon!! This was the first marathon I've seen, and it was truly an unbelievable experience. People train their whole lives for this. To see them cross the finish line was both exciting and humbling. There were men crossing the finish line pale white, being held up by their wives. Another guy cramped up .2 miles from the finish line and was unable to run. My favorite runners included but are not limited to the following: bearded leprechaun, guy in a tutu, bloody nipples man (in a white shirt) and pregnant lady in a sports bra! I figured out in the time it takes to run 26.2 miles, I could drive from Waco to Dallas and back to Waco! Tate and my dad have trained so hard for this day. At the finish line we had 2 finisher medals and no bloody nipples, so I would say it was a successful race! Below are some pics of my two favorite guys. Way to go, we are so proud of you both!

No comments:

Post a Comment