11.18.2013

22 weeks: spaghetti squash

{someone was feeling left out of weekly pics} 

You are the length of a spaghetti squash {11ish inches} and weigh close to 1 pound! Annnnd you are a kickin'! Like a lot. I love it! You start kicking every night when I lay down in bed. The other day I was hanging up clothes on the bed and stopped to just watch my belly move like a heart beat. Right now your kicks are subtle, but I know that won't be the case for long! It almost feels like a muscle twitching. Your dad got to feel it the other day too! As he was foam rolling {his nightly ritual, which Wrigley mistakes as her nightly wrestle time}, I had him come put his hand on my belly. I bet it made it so much more real for him since I've been able to feel you for weeks, but he hasn't. Also this week, you supposedly develop the sense of touch and may just be holding onto the umbilical cord...guess you don't have many options in there. Congrats- you now have eyelashes and eyebrows! I bet they are so cute. You have eyelids, but they are still fused. If you have hair, it is sprouting from your little head now, but since hair at this stage of development has no pigment, your hair is bright white! Crazy. I guess there is still more cookin to do so stay in there! I pray for you everyday- mostly for adequate nutrition, normal development, strong organs  and good overall physical and mental development. But I pray for your character and desires too. Lately, I have been praying Psalm 19:14 over you- 

"May the words of [her] mouth and the meditation of [her] heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer."  

No comments:

Post a Comment