12.05.2012

deck the halls

The tree is trimmed, the halls are decked, the stockings are hung! 

It's the most wonderful time of the year-- my birthday I mean CHRISTMAS! It was even more fun decorating this year since we got to decorate our very own house! Also exciting, we picked out our very first real Christmas tree this year. Here let me just give you a little tour of the Barrett house around this time of year. Happy holidays and Merry Christmas from our happy home to yours. 


Christmas Decor: tree, sparkly tree topper {Target}, ornaments
Here's our cute tree, alfalfa sprout and all. I am not the theme-tree type. I prefer more of a random, eclectic, cozy vibe. I love all of our mis-matchy ornaments. Each has its own story. This year we started a new tradition of picking out a tree together and decorating together...by my lonesome {other people had "research" and "papers" to "write"}. But, don't worry, I don't anticipate that becoming a tradition...only until Tate is finished with school...in...2016...by then I will be a professional tree-decorator. I could have waited until later that evening for help, but I couldn't wait to get my decorating on! 


Christmas Decor: Joy To The World pillow {Pottery Barn}, Let It Snow pillow {Hobby Lobby}
Come in and have a seat! As our home increases in size, so do our pillows. We got that tiny one when we lived in our shoe box in Houston. Last year we upgraded to Joy To The World. This year, maybe a body pillow. 


Christmas Decor: stockings and initial pins {Target}, Santa pics, jars
We finally have stockings! Yea! I've been holding out for 2 years and finally got some. Wrigley's probably won't be filled this year after she ate two ornaments. She's on the naughty list. I loved how the framed Santa pics turned out. It's comprised of my Grandma's old/vintage Christmas cards and a frame I got at Goodwill for $2. We almost threw these cards out when going through my Grandma's Christmas stuff...glad I kept them!


Christmas Decor: letters {Hobby Lobby}, frosted holly berries {Hobby Lobby}
JOY! The best Christmas word. I love adding these frosted holly berries anywhere and everywhere. 


Christmas Decor: light up church, picture, scrabble letters
Old pics make the best decorations. This is an old pic of my mom and Aunt Kelly {the inappropriate aunt} on Santa's lap. Presh! 


Christmas Decor: wreath, reindeer duo {Home Goods}, Santa painting, Peace On Earth {Hobby Lobby}, evergreen branches {Lowe's}
This is my favorite part of the Christmas decor, our entry table. I recommend hanging a wreath on an entry mirror. It turned out so cute! More important tip- go to Lowe's or Home Depot and hang out where they trim the Christmas trees. Just look like you are suppossed to be there and no one will ask questions. You can get all the extra branches and wood slices {from the trunk} fo free! There was a lady there hogging all of the branches. She literally had a cart full. Luckily, I was able to snag a few and put them here in a rustic jar I filled it with water. 2 weeks later, they are still going strong. 


Christmas decor: mint m&ms {have I mentioned I am obsessed with these}, Borden's crate filled with my grandma's Rudolph toy, ceramic Santa with more leftover branches, and trio of Christmas trees. My grandma used to put this quirky Rudolph under her tree every year accompanied by a pair of the creepiest Santa dolls you have ever seen. I am happy to give Rudy a new home. Maybe one day when Wrigley's curiosity dies Rudy can live under the tree once again. 

Happy decorating for Christmas time! Now all we need to do is wrap some presents...I bet Wrigley can't wait for new "snacks"


2 comments:

  1. I love all the antiques you use, they look great! Also, I am the same way about our tree... no theme. I like the memories of the ornaments too much! I have a Baylor ornament from a vendor who sells those, I got it at a holiday market recently and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love ALL the decorations and the stories to go with them.
    Where did you get the photo of Kelly and me?

    ReplyDelete