3.16.2011

spring breakin'

Top 10 Perks of working in schools: 

10. Enriching the minds of children  
9. Hilarious, irreverent stories  
8. Chewing gum in school without getting your folder signed
7. Mariachi band in the cafeteria for Cinco de Mayo
6. Afternoon appointments with Ellen Degeneres
5. Peacing out of work at 3:30 PM
4. Thanksgiving Break
3. SPRING BREAK
2. Christmas Break
1. Summer...duh

This week I am savoring perk #3 on the list, Spring Break! These 7 glorious days consist of many unordinary things, but most importantly: not setting an alarm, eating breakfast on the couch rather than in the car, shopping for things other than groceries, catching up on some reading, going to bed past Tate's bedtime and not having to bribe anyone with stickers.

at Kona Grill

My mom called me Sunday evening to pitch the idea of coming to Houston for a few days. It took no convincing as I quickly thought of manicures, eating out, shopping, talking, and more talking. What a great idea! We would be happy to have you stay at B306! She came in Monday afternoon and is currently sitting on my couch. So far we have been very productive. Mani/pedi: check! Shopping: check! Sushi: check! We even found time to go to the grocery store, cook meatloaf and mashed potatoes AND make 130 special surprises for Brikki's wedding.

with two desserts

We also did some not-so-fun stuff like take my car in to get new brake pads, but who cares about that, right? That is just depressing. But, at least I had a buddy to go with me.

craft time and Glee

So far, SB2011 has given everyone a chance to share their talents. Mom has been able to express her gift of gift giving by doing just that, I've used my gift of hospitality while fixing her up on our couch for a few nights and Tate is using his strong work ethic to...well...work. OK I guess not everyone gets a Spring Break, but don't worry he still reaps the benefits. I brought him lunch at work, got him a swim suit (that fits!) at the mall, and I still have plenty of time to run pre-birthday errands.

cutie alert

This week has been a blast so far! Whhhew. I need to pace myself, seeing as it is only halfway over.  Thursday the Barretts are coming to town and Friday is Tate's birthday! Can you say, fun overload? Nope. I can't either. Long live SB2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment